Dental Implants Brisbane
Helping you achieve a Beautiful Smile
The benefits of dental implants are becoming more and more well-known. Dental implants function and look just like normal teeth. Unlike dentures, dental implants can withstand a much greater bite pressure and require only simple maintenance and cleaning. Furthermore, Dental implants preserve bone levels; dentures and bridges can cause the bone underneath to resorb with time. The same is true for teeth surrounding dental implants.
As scanning technology improves, dentists are able to create digital moulds with near-perfect precision. This means dental implants are unnoticeable for both the wearer and people looking on. If you have a missing tooth or teeth, a dental implant may be the perfect solution for you. However, to be a candidate for dental implants, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Have a fully grown, healthy jawbone
- Have no gum disease
- Have no conditions that affect bone healing
Your dentist will be able to assess you further to ensure that your dental implants have the best chance of successfully integrating.
Our team can discuss which type of dental implant is best suited to you, however, the main type of implant is known as Endosteal.
- Endosteal implants – These implants require three steps. Firstly, your dentist will surgically embed the implant directly into your jawbone. Once the gum tissue has healed, a second surgery is performed to connect a post to the implant. Finally, an artificial tooth is attached to the post.
Before any surgery begins you will need to have the following preparations:
- Scans and x-rays so your dentist can create a comprehensive plan of where your implants will go.
- A mould of your mouth will be made so that your dentist can design artificial teeth
- You will also need to allow for healing times between your surgery and the fitting of artificial teeth.
If you would like to begin the process of getting dental implants or would just like to know a little more about the process, contact our friendly team today on 07 3394 3399