Invisalign Explained – the Benefits of Invisible Braces!
Everybody wants a beautiful smile but not everyone wants to suffer through braces. If you’ve ever thought about improving the alignment of your teeth, you’ve probably heard of Invisalign.
Invisalign is the contemporary alternative to traditional metal braces. Custom made, virtually invisible, and pain-free, there are so many benefits to this new orthodontic treatment method.
Invisalign is suitable for all ages and it can correct even relatively minor inconsistencies. It offers maximum cosmetic and functional improvements and has minimal impact on your life.
Let’s learn a little bit more about what Invisalign can do for you.
Who Should Use Invisalign?
Using a series of clear, custom-made aligners, Invisalign will restore the function and appearance of your smile. These modern day braces are ideal for:
- Overcrowding – Overcrowding occurs when the teeth don’t comfortably fit the size of the jaw. This can lead to an overlap in some teeth and pressure in the jaw. Overcrowding can also occur when wisdom teeth begin to emerge. If your teeth have been affected by the impacts of crowding or wisdom teeth, Invisalign can help to realign your smile.
- Overbite and Underbite – These conditions occur when the bite doesn’t align due the shape of the jaw. Correcting this problem with Invisalign will help relieve the wear and tear on teeth as well as improving the appearance of the jaw.
- Teeth too Widely Spaced – As with overcrowding, teeth can also be too small for the space in the jaw. This can leave the gums and teeth more vulnerable. Invisalign braces will bring teeth closer together.
Easy and Pain-Free
When people think of braces, they usually picture metal brackets, wires, and years of discomfort. Fortunately, modern orthodontics has come a long way. There are now simple treatment options available for correcting a range of structural and aesthetic concerns.
With Invisalign, you won’t have to wear wires, brackets or anything metal. Instead, you will wear a series of removable, replaceable aligners that gently guide your teeth into place.
The treatment will be tailored specifically to your needs and it will be monitored by your orthodontist. Your custom made braces can be modified as the treatment progresses, so you can be sure that you will achieve the perfect result.
6 Benefits of Invisalign
- Appearance – The aligners are virtually invisible, unlike traditional braces!
- Custom-made – Using dental x-rays, your aligners will be made to fit!
- Removable – This makes it easy to clean your teeth and eat certain foods.
You can even remove your Invisalign for special occasions!
- Adjustable – New aligners will be made during treatment for the best results.
- Low-Maintenance – Cut your dental visits from every 4 weeks to every 6-8 weeks!
- Comfort- Invisalign is pain-free, with no grating, rubbing or mouth ulcers.
Invisalign also works faster than traditional orthodontic treatments and, of course, it will improve the shape and appearance of your smile.
At Greenslopes Dental, we provide the very best orthodontists to advise and guide you through your treatment.
For more information on Invisalign, contact our family dentists or visit us in Greenslopes today.